7. Use of innovative ICT methodologies
IO2_Unit 7 Use innovative ICT methodologies (reading)
7.1 Discovery learning / gamification
Discovery learning is a kind of teaching that is based on the student finding things out for themselves, looking into problems, and asking questions.
7.2 Open discussion
Guided debate: prejudices and stereotypes
7.3 Problem-based learning
Problem-based learning is a student-centered pedagogy in which students learn about a subject by the analysis of a given problem as a starting point for the acquisition of new knowledge.
Learners are actively encouraged to reason and solve the problem by obtaining and drawing autonomously from all the information sources necessary for this purpose.
Students are divided into groups, encouraging a process of collaborative learning.
7.4 Project-based learning
Project Based Learning is a teaching method in which students gain knowledge and skills by working for an extended period of time to investigate and respond to an authentic, engaging and complex question, problem, or challenge.
Students are expected to use technology in meaningful ways to help them investigate, collaborate, analyze, synthesize and present their learning.
Prepare a video
1. Go to Powtoon https://www.powtoon.com
2. Create an account or login with your Facebook account
3. Create your first video. You can create a blank video to define everything but we recommend to start with a predefined template or storyboard. Example:
Prepare online contents
1. Download eXeLearning (http://exelearning.net/en/) an Open Source and free tool to create online contents in your own Computer
2. Install the SORAPS style for eXeLearning
3. eXeLearning tutorial: http://exelearning.net/html_manual/exe20_en/
Download SORAPS style for eXeLearning
Course plan: http://guiasdidacticas.grial.eu/sorapsguidelines/
Teaching materials: http://guiasdidacticas.grial.eu/evalintocourseweb/
Info for students: http://antia.fis.usal.es/sharedir/venancio/florencia/